Competition Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
1. Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2. Entry is open to residents within the City of Whitehorse. However, entry is not available to Whitehorse City Council Staff or Councillors or to their immediate family (children, siblings, parents).
3. Errors and omissions will be considered, however, Council reserves the right not to accept any submission that fails to fully meet the requirements of the competition.
4. Only one entry permitted per resident throughout the promotional period.
5. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the entrant will be deemed to be the person in whose name the email account used is held.
6. Promotion commences 1 August 2023. Entries close at 11:59 pm AEST on Tuesday 31 October 2023. The draw will take place at Whitehorse Civic Centre on Tuesday 7 November 2023. Winners will be notified via email (if provided) or postal address, entries will be deemed unacceptable without a valid email or postal address.
7. The decision of Whitehorse City Council is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
8. There will be one prize draw and three winners of a $100 Visa gift card. Three gift cards are available. The total prize pool is $300.
9. If for any reason the winner does not redeem the prize by Friday 15 December 2023 then the prize will be forfeited.
10. The prize is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
11. Entrants consent to using (use of) the entrant's name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this competition (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by Whitehorse City Council.
12. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of Whitehorse City Council, reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
13. Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
14. Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Promotion, including, but not limited to, where arising out of the following: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the ’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Whitehorse City Council) due to any reason beyond the control of Whitehorse City Council.